As the days start to get longer and we look forward to warmer days, families are starting to think about one thing – their next holiday. Whilst some people will be considering jetting off to overseas destinations, for many families holidaying in the UK gives them everything they need and more. Holiday parks around the country provide a perfect getaway for families and friends.
With so many incredible destinations and attractions, it’s easy to see why the UK is the 10th biggest tourist destination in the world. In 2021, the UK tourism industry was estimated to be worth around £131.5 billion. More and more UK residents are choosing to stay closer to home for their holidays, and this has only increased in recent years.
With so many options available, from hotels to campsites, the choice can be dizzying, but have you considered the possibility of staying at a holiday park?
The advantages of holiday parks
The benefits of staying at a holiday park are numerous, so let us guide you through why we think you’ll find this an ideal choice for your next holiday.
- Value for money – with so many options available to UK holidaymakers, finding something to suit your budget can be tough. Holiday parks offer a great solution to suit all budgets compared to other options like hotels. Furthermore, holiday parks come with many on-site facilities that are all included in the price.
- Choice of accommodation – Many UK holiday parks offer different accommodation options, from static caravans and holiday lodges to camping pitches and glamping pods. You can choose what suits you and your pocket and really make your holiday your own. With space to yourself, a holiday park holiday also gives you a sense of community as you create your home-from-home.
- On-site activities – Most UK holiday parks offer a wide range of activities on-site, from cycling to fishing. You can even take your own equipment with you to make your holiday everything you want it to be. As well as this, many parks have on-site facilities such as clubs and bars, offering a great range of food, drink and entertainment like live music or quizzes.
- Family time – a self-catering holiday at a holiday park in the UK gives you everything a family needs. A static caravan or lodge gives you all the space you need, including spacious bedrooms, a clean area to prepare your own meals and comfortable spaces to relax, watch TV or play games. In addition to the convenience of having your own space, being so close to outdoor space is perfect for young families.
- Dog-friendly – Where would we be without our furry friends? Many of the UK’s holiday parks are most welcoming to our four-legged family members. So, no need to find dog sitters or kennels, which only add to the cost of holidays. And let’s be honest; we don’t really want to be without them.
- Location – Many of the UK’s holiday parks are situated in the most beautiful parts of our country and are easily accessible from the nation’s roads. It is easy to pack up the car and go and explore new areas of our beautiful country. And being in your car means you are never far from attractions and destinations for exciting days out.
There are so many advantages to staying in the UK for your next holiday. Also, holiday parks offer such a wide variety of facilities and activities, so you can be as relaxed or as active as you like.
What makes Burton Constable Holiday Park the perfect choice?
Burton Constable Holiday Park offers all the comforts of a holiday park in Yorkshire, England’s largest and arguably most beautiful county. We offer accommodation options to suit every family, whether you are looking for a campsite with fantastic on-site facilities or the home comforts of one of our luxurious lodges.
Relax with a meal and a drink in the on-site Lakeside Bar with stunning views, or prepare your own meals from ingredients purchased from our convenient site Woodland Store.
Take a stroll through the beautiful woodland surroundings, or bring your bike for a cycle around the beautiful East Yorkshire countryside.
The historic Burton Constable Hall is a very short walk from the holiday park, and there is a huge choice of days out only a short drive away from your chosen holiday spot. For example, taking a quick 20-minute drive, you can visit the seaside for a dip and fish & chips at Hornsea.
If you are looking to go a little further afield, the East Yorkshire coast offers some beautiful walks and days out. Bridlington is a bustling seaside town with one of the UK’s finest beaches, boasting a Blue Flag Award for its cleanliness. Or, for budding birdwatchers, head to Bempton Cliffs to see their colony of puffins!
Alternatively, if you want something livelier, head 20 minutes in the opposite direction, and you’ll find yourself in the centre of Hull. There are plenty of shops and bars throughout the city that are worth a visit. You’ll also be able to visit the many historical museums, including the Maritime Museum or the Ferens Art Gallery, for a bit of culture.
So, with all these options, you can see why a holiday park break at Burton Constable Holiday Park is a perfect getaway when you are looking for time away with family or friends.